Board Certified Miami Divorce Attorney, and Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Catherine Rodriguez, Esq.
Evaluated for Professionalism and Tested for Expertise
Catherine M. Rodriguez is a founding partner of Filler Rodriguez, LLP in Miami Beach, Florida. Ms. Rodriguez practices exclusively in the areas of marital and family law. Prior to dedicating her practice to family law Ms. Rodriguez acquired extensive trial experience as a commercial litigator representing numerous businesses and parties in complex business lawsuits. She has tried numerous jury trials and bench trials. In 2000, she worked with the legal team that personally represented President George W. Bush in Bush V. Gore, 531 U.S. 98 (2000), the United States Supreme Court decision that settled a recount dispute in Florida’s 2000 presidential election. In 1998, as a former Broward County prosecutor and County attorney, she brandished a tough new zoning ordinance that ordered seven sex businesses out of the county.
Ms. Rodriguez understands that family cases require consideration of the ongoing relationship and she encourages amicable settlements between litigants whenever possible. She is fluent in Spanish and she handles international divorces and regularly represents litigants from around the world with diverse finances, business interests and cultural differences. She also has received a commendation from the United States State Department for her dedication to representing parents under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
Ms. Rodriguez has become a legal expert in marital and family law by becoming Board Certified in Marital and Family Law in 2018. Only a small portion of Florida family law practitioners are Board Certified which requires rigorous testing and vetting by lawyers and judges.
Ms. Rodriguez has been AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubble since 1999.
She graduated cum laude from Tufts University (1988), Medford, Massachusetts, and obtained her law degree from the University of Florida (1991). Ms. Rodriguez is a member of the Florida Bar and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District and the Middle District of Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Board Certified in Marital & Family Law by the Florida Bar
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) – Fellow
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubble
- Florida Bar Family Law Rules Committee- Appointed by the Florida Bar president in 2020
- Florida Bar Marital and Family Certification Committee List
- Florida Bar Family Law Section
- Legislation Committee
- Equitable Distribution Committee
- Sub-Committee on Business Valuation 61.075 Valuation legislation
- Children’s Issues Committee
- Sub-Committee Chair on Relocation Statute 61.13001 Glitch Fix legislation
- Publications Committee
- Guest Editor of the Commentator, Summer 2018
- Co-Author of Domestic Violence Claims are Now Subject to §57.105 Sanctions, Attorney’s Beware! Summer Commentator 2018
- Secretary, Publications Committee
Presenter/Author of Family Law Seminars
- Updates on the Family Law Rules Mandatory Disclosures Rule 12.285;
- Attorney’s Fees how to Get Paid
- Advanced Trial Advocacy Seminar
- Author, Family Law Certification Seminar: Cohabitation, Annulment and Interspousal Torts